Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is CollabVT?
CollabVT is in development as a searchable researcher profile system that supports communities of discovery by enabling users to identify collaborators and connect with research across disciplines. CollabVT profiles increase the reach of Virginia Tech's research profile and support its global land-grant mission through public profiles of researcher expertise.
CollabVT is a service provided by the University Libraries and powered by a local implementation of VIVO [Pronunciation: /viːvəʊ/ or vee-voh], a member-supported, open source software and an ontology for representing scholarship.
Questions? Reach University Libraries contacts at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current State of CollabVT
The CollabVT Implementation Team is currently working towards launch of Phase 2, a VT-ONLY iterative release of faculty profiles on collab.vt.edu.
CollabVT Phased Rollout Plan
During Phase 2, faculty profiles will only be accessible to users with an IP in the VT IP range, and the Implementation Team will enact a communication strategy with the following objectives:
- increase awareness of CollabVT among the faculty including where the data comes from and what types of data are shown in their profiles
- encourage faculty to visit their profiles and check their data
- clearly show directions for updating/hiding data so that it is not shown in CollabVT
- communicate the begin and end of the VT-ONLY visibility phase, and clearly communicate the start of the public data phase
- make faculty aware of how to report problems and offer feedback on the system.