Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where are the Lockers?
Newman Library has two sets of lockers available for patron use: Self-service Lockers and Graduate Study Room Lockers. The Self-service Lockers are available to all library patrons and are located by Stairwell B (the one by the main restrooms) on the first through fourth floors. Graduate Study Room Lockers are reserved for VT graduate students, VT faculty, and Newman Library student assistants. They are located in the Graduate Study Room on the fourth floor. For information about using our lockers see below.
Follow these instructions to use one of out Self-service Lockers:
- Find an available locker. It will be unlocked, empty, and the light will not be blinking.
- With the lock in the open (horizontal) position enter a four digit passcode.
- Turn the lock to the closed (vertical) position. The locker is now locked.
- Simply enter your passcode again to unlock the locker.If you need to continue using the locker follow these steps again.
- If you have any issues with your locker go to the Newman Services Desk on the second floor. If you have forgotten your passcode Newman Service Desk staff will retrieve your belongings within 24 hours.
The following restrictions apply to Self-service Lockers:
- Lockers are reserved for Virginia Tech Library Patrons.
- Patrons are permitted to use only one locker at a time.
- No food or drinks in lockers.
- Any library materials in lockers must be properly checked out.
- Lockers must be emptied at the end of each semester (fall, spring, summer). Any items removed from lockers will be temporarily stored at the Newman Services Desk.
Graduate Study Room Lockers
Virginia Tech graduate students, faculty, and Newman Library student assistants can use the Graduate Study Room Lockers, located inside and just outside the Graduate Study Room on the fourth floor of Newman Library. Simply come by the Newman Services Desk on the second floor to fill out a Newman Library Locker Agreement form and we will issue you a key to one of these lockers.
The following restrictions apply:
- Graduate Study Room Lockers are only available to VT graduate students.
- Locker agreements are for an academic year and expire on July 1 each year. You will receive a reminder email in May asking you to either renew your locker or return the locker key and fob. You can renew the agreement visiting the Newman Services Desk or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, Hokie ID number, and locker number.
- If you fail to return your key by the agreement's expiration date, you will be billed $15.00 for the replacement of the lock and the locker key. Please retain the key fob as well; a $5.00 fee will be charged for lost fobs.
- No food or drink is permitted in lockers.
- Any library materials in the locker must be properly checked out.
- Special permission slips for non-circulating library materials must be prominently displayed in or on the associated item.
- Personal property left in lockers after the expiration date, or when privileges have been revoked, will be removed. The library, without liability, will attempt to notify the owner to arrange pickup of the materials.