Research Data Management Assistance at Virginia Tech: Consulting and Training
Consulting for Data Management Plans
Data Services members are available to assist you in creating effective and comprehensive data management plans for your research project. Contact us at dataservices.edu for assistance; we will respond within 24 hours and our members have extensive research and consulting experience from which to pull in advising on data management plan creation.
We will meet with you in your office or elsewhere to discuss
- the data to be generated and managed in your project, and
- any institutional, funder or publisher requirements for managing and sharing that data.
Following our discussion we will send you our written notes and advice on how to address the many aspects of research data management for your particular project. You can then send the plan back to us for feedback as many times as you like.
If you are on a tight deadline you can also send your draft DMP to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide feedback as soon as possible. However, the more lead time we have to assist you, the more effective our assistance can be!
Upcoming Training Sessions
We offer data management training and workshops to help you:
- Understand funders' requirements for data management and sharing;
- Understand what a data management plan is and how to go about completing one;
- Ensure best practices of data management throughout the research and data lifecycle.
Click here for a list of current and past workshops offered by Data Services and their colleagues.
Many of our data management workshops are offered through the Virginia Tech Professional Development Network. We are also happy to give your research group or department a presentation on your research data management topics of interest!