The Get VText system is a method for looking up, and connecting to when possible, full text resources. It works best with journal articles, but can also work for books and book chapters, newspaper articles and other text resources, data sets, streaming videos, and more.
The button or link appears in databases where the full text of your resource is not present.
- No lookup occurs until you click through the button. The appearance of the button or link does not guarantee access to full text.
- Incomplete citation data will result in failed lookups. ISSN, publication date, volume, issue, and starting page number are vital to the lookup process. You can ue the Revise the Citation link to fill in or correct data.
- We do not subscribe to everything ever published, so if the lookup does not return a link to full text, you will see a link to request the item through interlibrary loan. This is exactly how the system is supposed to work.
- You can configure Google Scholar to display Get VText links to ease access to our resources.
- Last Updated: May 15, 2020 2:06 AM
- URL: https://guides.lib.vt.edu/get-vtext
- Print Page