LibKey Nomad browser extension
LibKey Nomad is a browser extension that assists with access to library resources. It's our replacement for LibX. The Chrome and Firefox browser extension
- provides one-click access to articles from both journal publishers and aggregators like EBSCO and ProQuest
- uses Unpaywall and other sources to open access articles
- links to ILLiad to request articles not available through our subscriptions via interlibrary loan
- uses the university's standard authentication method so no credentials are cached in your browser like some third-party tools do
Simply install the extension. During the installation process, you'll be asked to identify your library; simply search for Virginia Tech.
How to use LibKey Nomad
If you use Google or Google Scholar (that has not been configured to show Get VText links) , you can be directed to publisher's pages for articles, but since you did not go through the library's links for theses services, you haven't been authenticated and you'll be asked to pay to access the article. With LibKey Nomad installed, you'll see a popup that will authenticate you to allow access.
On PubMed search result pages, you'll see links to articles and PDFs, plus links to view all the articles in a journal issue through BrowZine.
Wikipedia list of references will display links to articles and PDFs when the citation is to a scholarly source.
- Last Updated: Apr 23, 2021 4:59 PM
- URL: https://guides.lib.vt.edu/libkey
- Print Page