Library Statistics: Electronic Resources: Journal Usage
ER Usage Data
Questions about data?
If you have questions about the data or visualizations, scroll down to About the Data.
Journal Downloads By Year and Monthy
Download and Search Data
Article Downloads and Database Searches
About The Data
- In the first graph, data come from JR1 Counter reports provided by publishers. JR1's provide include successful number of full text article requests(downloads) by month and journal title.
- JR1s don't differentiate downloads by publication date or publication archive. For those totals, please ask to see Counter Reports JR5 and JR1a.
- CTS retrieves approximately 135 JR1s every 6 months so that both annual and fiscal year totals can be provided to outside agencies and university stakeholders.
- We report JR1 totals to ARL, ASERL, ACRL, and IPEDS, where they are typically referred to as "total successful article requests."
- In the yearly graph, totals are for annual years rather than fiscal years. Annual year and fiscal year totals will differ.
- ARL and Anuual totals will be different. ARL collects totals for the period July 1 - June 30 rather than annual totals