Anthropology at Virginia Tech is the broad study of humankind around the world and throughout time. It is concerned with both the biological and the cultural aspects of humans. It studies tools, techniques, traditions, language, beliefs, kinships, values
Overview of anthropology
- Smithsonian Institution Digital LibraryThe Smithsonian Library's Digital Library contains digital publications, collections and objects including online exhibitions, webcasts, digital editions, bibliographies and fact sheets, and finding aids/inventories for collections such as our trade literature collection and artist files.
Recommended online resources
- Family & Society Studies Worldwide from EBSCOhostFamily & Society Studies Worldwide indexes citations, abstracts, and full-text articles (PDFs) from journals, conference papers, books, book chapters, government reports, discussion and working papers, statistical documents, theses and dissertations, and other sources in the social sciences and education. You can limit to peer-reviewed sources. 1900s-present.
- AnthroSource from WileyA full text portal and index to journals, newsletters, bulletins, and books from the American Anthropological Association (content is hosted in Wiley Online Library ). Articles available in PDF and HTML. 1880s-present.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection from EBSCOhostThe Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection database indexes citations, abstracts, and full text from journal articles, magazines, and book reviews in the field of psychiatry and psychology, anthropology, emotional and behavioral characteristics. Full-text articles are available in HTML and PDF. You can limit to peer-reviewed sources. 1930-present.
Government Information Specialist
560 Drillfield Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Blacksburg, VA 24061
540-231-9272Skype Contact: PatrickTomlin
Ask a Librarian
Interlibrary Loan Services
All current Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff, regardless of your location, may request through ILLiad for materials:
- not owned by Virginia Tech (books, articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
- owned by Virginia Tech but are unavailable for use (print books)
- owned by Virginia Tech and available in print (scans of articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
We ship requests via UPS to users outside the immediate Blacksburg area (Montgomery, Giles and Pulaski counties).
Articles, book chapters, and many technical papers are delivered in PDF format to your ILLiad account. Occasionally, due to copyright restrictions, a paper copy of an article or standard is held for your at the Newman User Services Desk or sent o the mailing address listed on your account.