Editing and Contributing to Wikipedia: Getting Started
Why Edit Wikipedia?
Emily has been editing Wikipedia since she was 12. Watch Emily's story to learn more about the impact of editing.
Victor Grigas, Wikimedia Foundation, CC-BY SA 3.0.
Wikipedia's Five Pillars
- Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia
- Wikipedia is written from a neutral point of view
- Wikipedia is free content that anyone can use, edit, and distribute
- Wikipedia's editors should treat each other with respect and civility
- Wikipedia has no firm rules
Learn more about the Wikipedia pillars and core policies.