Qualitative Methods in Educational Research: Overview
Overview of Virginia Tech University Libraries
Virginia Tech University Libraries
- APA Citation Style Information
- Zotero (Citation Management)
- Writing Center (English Department)
- Comm Lab (CLAHS)
Tips for Using Library Resources
This guide will walk you through the process of searching for, selecting, accessing, and using the research resources that you need for your work in this class and beyond!
This is not the main library website, but you can easily access that here: http://www.lib.vt.edu/
A few tips to get you started:
1. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Simply contact your librarian directly ------------------------>
2. If you're doing research from off campus, you'll be prompted to log in via 2-factor authentication to access VT-specific resources.
3. Use Discovery Search, the main search box on the library homepage, to conduct a Google-like search of most of our library resources. While it's not a disciplinary database, like the ones that I recommend to you on this guide, it can help you gain a broad overview of a particular research topic or question.
4. When searching Discovery Search, Google Scholar, or any of the databases that I recommend, break your research question into keywords, rather than typing in the entire sentence or question. You'll find videos and other resources about developing effective search statements here.
5. Use the Education Subject Guide to identify relevant databases.
6. When trying to access articles and other resources, look for the Get VText box:
Graduate Study Room
The Graduate study room (416 Newman) is a space reserved for graduate students to study and relax. Access is limited through the Hokie Passport, which must be swiped before the door will open. (If your Hokie Passport does not open the door, contact the Graduate School.)
Graduate students have decided this room is a quiet space. (Please us one of the group study floors for project work.)
Lockers are available for free checkout. Stop by the Circulation Desk on the second floor to reserve one.