Emerging Leaders 2016 AASL Project: Further Readings
This guide was created for the 2016 AASL Project for Stefanie Metko's EL project. PLEASE DON'T DELETE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- Kleijnen, Ellen, Huysmans, Frank, Ligtovet, Rudy and Ed Elbers. 2015.“Effect of a school library on the reading attitude and reading behaviour in non-western migrant students.”Journal of Librarianship and Information Science 47 (4).
- St. Clair, Lisa, and Barbara Jackson. 2006. “Effect of Family Involvement Training on the Language Skills of Young Elementary Children from Migrant Families”. The School Community Journal 16 (1): 31-42.
- Martinez, Yolanda and Jose. A. Velazquez. 2000.“Involving Migrant Families in Education.” ERIC Digest (2000).
- Lopez, Gerardo R., Scribner, Jay, and Kanya Mahitivanichcha. 2001. “Redefining Parental Involvement: Lessons From High-Performing Migrant-Impacted Schools.” American Educational Research Journal 38 (2).
- Migrant Students: Resources for Migrant Children Similar to Other Students but Achievement Still Lags
- The National Agricultural Workers Survey (US Department of Labor)
- Library services for immigrants: A report on current practices (US Citizen and Immigration Services and Institute of Museum and Library Services)