Art & Architecture Library: Services
Interlibrary loan (ILLiad)
Interlibrary loan services are available to users who are currently enrolled or employed at Virginia Tech. For more information please see our Interlibrary Loan Guide.
Login to your ILLiad account
All interlibrary loan requests must be picked up and returned to Newman Library. The Art & Architecture Library does not accept interlibrary loan returns.
Delivery of materials
Patrons can request materials from Newman Library or other University Libraries locations be sent to the Art & Architecture Library using the "place hold" option in the library's catalog and delivered in the following ways:
Courier Service (all borrowers)
Monday through Friday a daily courier service runs between the Art & Architecture Library and all other University Libraries facilities on the Blacksburg campus. All University Libraries materials can be returned to the Art & Architecture Library.
After clicking the "place hold" option, sign into your library account, and then select "Art & Architecture Library" as the pickup location.
Campus mail delivery (Faculty and Staff only)
After clicking the "place hold" option, sign into your library account, and then select "Faculty/Staff Campus Delivery" as the pickup location. Items will be sent in either a pink or teal mailer with a return label. Once you are finished with the item, place the return label on the bag it came in and return the item through campus mail.
Print, scan, and copy
Patrons are welcome to print, scan, and copy at the Art & Architecture Library. Patrons can print at the library's public printer by using MyPrintCenter.
How to print
- Upload your documents to MyPrintCenter. This can be found on the University Libraries Homepage under "How Do I..." OR Click the MyPrintCenter icon from the desktop on one of the public computers.
- Swipe your Hokie Passport through the card reader on the copier/printer.
How to scan
- Use one of computer on the far left of the computer station.
- Place item to be scanned on scanner.
- Start scanning. Software will open automatically after first scan.
How to copy
- Swipe your Hokie Passport at the public printer.
- Select make copies under Pharos.
- Settings - make any changes you need.
- Copy Ratio
- Paper Select
- Color Select
Chargers and adaptors
Patrons can check out a variety of chargers and adapters.
|Rental Period||Device||Device Photo|
|7 day||(1) Lightning AV Adaptor|
|5 day||(14) iPad Chargers|
|4 hours||(2) Phone Charger|
|4 hours||(2) HDMI-MDP Adaptor (Thunderbolt)|
|4 hour||(3) HDMI to USB Type C Adaptor|
|4 hour||(3) VGA-USB Type C Adaptor|
|4 hour||(3)VGA-MDP Adaptor|
|4 hour||(2) USB SuperDrive|
|4 hour||(1) USB External Ultra Slim DVD player|
(5) iPad Camera Kit
|4 hour||(5) iPad Dock Connector|