Design of Play: Art & Architecture Library Resources
This Research Guide supports research towards the Naef Toy Design Competition in the School of Architecture and Design. The competition requires:
- Game or design object not to exceed 30cm X 25cm X 15 cm
- Suitable for ages 0-99 (baby toys acceptable)
- No furniture, lamps, household items, etc.
- Made of wood (preferred)
- All items must meet U.S. safety standards
- Familiarize with Naef products and other existing toy designs to ensure that a similar design or concept does not already exis
Learn more about Naef on their website.
The Art & Architecture Library maintains a small collections of children's books related to art and design. These books could serve as research tools to understand children's interests and expose concepts worth exploring. A larger collection, including award-winning children's books is available at Newman Library.
You can search the children's book collection here or browse in the library in the call number range PZ7-PZ8.