How to locate Carilion's Interpreter Policy and Language Line Services on InsideCarilion:
1. Go to the Policies and Procedures Hub: https://www.insidecarilion.org/policies-procedures
2. Click on Policies and Procedures link
3. Search for "interpreters"
4. Several Language Line and Interpreter Policy/Procedures are available to download in PDF
Federal guidelines require that services be provided in the language the patient speaks and at no cost to the patient. The following resources in this guide augment, but do not replace the need for interpreters. Use of educational tools is for relationship-building purposes only.
To quickly navigate this guide, click on a tab above or a link below:
- Books: print and online books available at your Library
- Databases: online resources available via your Library
- Web Resources: websites and online translators
- Mobile Resources: translator apps and mobile sites
- Research Tips: searching databases in a foreign language and keyword advice