Team Science and Collaborative Research: What is Team Science?
Team science is the collaborative effort to address a scientific challenge that leverages the strengths and expertise of professionals trained in different fields. This guide will point you to essential resources to improve your knowledge and practice of collaborative research, and, more importantly, team science.
Asst Dean & Director, Research Collaboration and Engagement
Newman Library, Room 5092
Office Hours are Flexible:
Contact me to arrange an appointment at: email@example.com
Subjects: Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Systems Biology
Team Science Training
Virginia Tech Course Highlight
Team Science Books
Journal Articles to get you started quickly
NCI's Team Science Toolkit
Characteristics of High Performing Research Teams
What are some characteristics of high-performing teams?
- Effective leadership and management skills
- Self and other-awareness
- Trust established among members
- Strategies for communicating openly
- Effective building of team
- Created, shared and revisited a shared vision
- Provisions for recognition and credit
- Disagreements while containing conflict
- Learned each other’s languages
- Fun and enjoy the work together
Source: Bennett, L. M., & Gadlin, H. (2012). Collaboration and team science: from theory to practice. Journal of investigative medicine : the official publication of the American Federation for Clinical Research, 60(5), 768-75.