This guide will walk you through the process of searching for, selecting, accessing, and using the research resoruces that you need for STAT 1004 and beyond!
A few tips to get you started:
1. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Simply contact your librarians, Andi and Anita, directly!
2. If you're doing research from off campus, make sure you use the Off Campus Sign In option.
3. Use Summon to conduct a Google-like search of most of our library resources. While it's not a disciplinary database, like the ones that I recommend to you on this guide, it can help you gain a broad overview of a particular research topic or question.
4. When searching Summon, Google Scholar, or any of the databases that I recommend, break your research question into keywords, rather than typing in the entire sentence or question. Click here to read more about strategies for creating good keyword searches.
5. Use subject guides to identify relevant databases.
6. When trying to access articles and other resources, look for the Get VText box: