International Agriculture Information Sources: Selected resources
Information about Agriculture
International information sources
U.S. government & public policy
- Search over 60 databases and over 2,200 scientific websites to locate and access to more than 200 million pages of authoritative federal science information including research and development results.
Open databases with Open content
Open Access Journals
- Hindawi publishes peer-reviewed, Open Access journals across many areas of science, technology, and medicine, as well as several areas of social science. Hindawi’s journals are indexed in the leading abstracting and indexing databases, including the Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed, INSPEC, Mathematical Reviews, and Chemical Abstracts.
- SCIRP publishes over 200 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals over a wide range of disciplines including Biomedical & Life Sciences, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Medicine & Healthcare to name a few.
Digital Libraries, Open repositories, and Other guides
- Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture (AGORA). The AGORA programme, set up by the FAO together with major publishers, enables developing countries to gain access to an outstanding digital library collection in the fields of food, agriculture, environmental science and related social sciences. You will need to check the different sites listed from their page for eligibility and creation of accounts to access.
- OpenDOAR is the quality-assured global directory of academic open access repositories. It enables the identification, browsing and search for repositories, based on a range of features, such as location, software or type of material held
- The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) provides research-based policy solutions to sustainably reduce poverty and end hunger and malnutrition in developing countries. Established in 1975, IFPRI currently has more than 600 employees working in over 50 countries. It is a research center of CGIAR, a worldwide partnership engaged in agricultural research for development.
- This guide supports the Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN) project in Afghanistan, a project of Michigan State University’s (MSU) Global Center for Food Systems Innovation
Virginia Tech Institutional Repository
Other Open Resources related to Life Sciences
- Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. From developing new therapies that treat and prevent disease to helping people in need, they are committed to improving health and well-being around the world.
- This report by the Food and Agricultural Organization provides a snapshot of the current state of forests and forest production worldwide. The most recent report available was published in 2018.
Locating Open Images
Some images may use a Creative Commons (CC) license (Attribution required)