Read this short (1 and 1/2 page) article, "Research Methods for Comprehensive Science Literature Reviews"
1. How do the methods suggested compare with your usual research practices? How will you consider changing your research routine after reading this article?
2. Look at the handouts linked at the end of the article - will any of these be useful to you?
3. This article is from 2009 - do you think it needs updating on any points?
Case Study: Who's Afraid of Peer Review?
Listen to the following news story:
(You can also read the full story, published in Science, here: http://www.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60.full)
1. What does this story mean to you?
2. When you're doing research, how can you tell which articles (and journals) are trustworthy?