HNFE 3224 Research Resources: Cultures & Religions
Researching Cultures & Religions
As you research different religions and cultures, keep in mind that University Libraries also offers you access to databases and encyclopedias that can help you gather information on these religions and cultures:
- Countries - World Health Organization (WHO)Basic facts, health, nutrition, disease, and other information for WHO member countries.
- CIA World FactBook - Country Profiles*Select a country profile with the dropdown selection tool on the right side of the page, "Please choose Country to View."
- EIU.com Country Profiles EIU Country Profiles provide full-text reports in HTML and PDF on the economic, political, and governance aspects of countries around the world.
- EIU.com Country Reports EIU provides economic profiles and reports that assess and forecast political, economic and business conditions for almost 200 countries. Each report examines and explains in depth the issues shaping these countries: the political scene, economic policy, domestic economy, sectoral trends, and foreign trade and payments. Detailed 2 year forecasts complement the analysis and pinpoint political and economic developments and trends.
- Academic Search Complete from EBSCOhost Academic Search Complete indexes citations, abstracts, and full text from journal articles, books, reports, and conference proceedings in all subject disciplines. Full text provided in PDF and HTML. Searchable cited references are provided for nearly 1,000 journals. Searches can be limited to peer reviewed sources. Indexing 1887-present, most full-text content 1980s-present.
- Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures & Daily LifeThis is a print resource, available on the third floor of Newman Library. Click the link for call number information!
- Encyclopedia of World CulturesThis is a print resource, available on the third floor of Newman Library. Click the link for call number information!
- Melton's Encyclopedia of American ReligionsThis is a print resource, available on the second floor of Newman Library. Click the link for call number information!
- Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs & PracticesThis is a print resource, available on the second floor of Newman Library. Click the link for call number information!
- Encyclopedia of World FaithsThis is a print resource, available from our storage center. Click the link for call number information!