University Libraries Diversity Council: ULDC
What is ULDC?
The nineteen member University Libraries Diversity Council is a standing group reporting to the Dean of the Libraries.
The Council supports Virginia Tech's strategic plan goal to “foster a diverse and inclusive community that supports mutual respect” in the University Libraries and the Virginia Tech community. The Council is represented by three members from each association, the Library Faculty Association and the Library Staff Association; and two members from each high-level division/area; and there is a standing member from InclusiveVT.
|InclusiveVT Representative||Jessica Ofsa||Ongoing|
|Director of Diversity, Inclusion,
and Organizational Development
|Library Staff Association||Mary Sullivan||2024|
|Dr. Monique Logan||2024|
|Library Faculty Association||Jonathan Briganti||2023|
|Learning Environments||Kirsten Dean||2024|
|Collection & Technical Services
and Scholarly Communication
|Information Technology Services||Shannon Phillips||2023|
|Data Services||Mary Finn (Scribe)||2023|
|James Tuttle (Treasurer)||2024|
|Research Collaboration & Engagement||Roberto Silva||2024|
|Dean's Office||Ann Brown||2024|
|Resident Librarians||Katie Moseby||Ongoing|
Council members will:
- Review the libraries' climate survey results, focusing on the diversity-related items, and suggest appropriate actions
- Establish annual goals for the Council at the beginning of each academic year
- Issue an annual report of its activities and progress in achieving stated goals
- Develop strategies to improve the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce in the libraries
- Provide and promote educational opportunities on Inclusion and Diversity in the libraries
- Provide information to InclusiveVT or other campus entities as requested
- Advise the Dean of the Libraries on matters regarding Inclusion and Diversity
- Align Library Diversity Council initiatives with InclusiveVT efforts
- Emphasize inclusion and diversity activities that relate to university programs
- Review this charter annually
- Council meetings will occur at least six times a year.
- The Diversity Council will present at the Library Council meeting at least once a year.
- For the 2022-2023 Academic Year, meetings will take place on the 4th Wednesday of the month from 1 to 2pm via Zoom and in-person in the ITS Conference Room.