Cocktail History in America: Online Resources (General Cocktail History) (Pre-1806-present)
The guide includes information about materials in the History of Food & Drink Collection relating to cocktail history in America and related food, social, domestic, and economic history. It also has tools and resources for completing historical research.
- The Bibulous Bibliography
- Work-in-progress list of cocktail-related books is a work in progress, Entries include known sources of the work, for many of the older ones free downloadable copies, and commentary from compiler's research experience with resources.
- EUVS Vintage Cocktail Books
- Vintage Cocktail Books Free Digital Library The E.U.V.S. stands for Exposition Universelle des Vins et Spiritueux, which refers to a Museum create by Paul Ricard in Bendor Island in south of France. The Museum is dedicated to the History of Wines and Spirits with a beautiful collection of Old Bottles from around the world and Vintage Cocktail Books. This is the on-line access to the EUVS Vintage Cocktail Books Collection.
- Internet Archive eBooks and Texts
- Includes a variety of out-of-copyright bar guides, manuals, and professional and home cocktail books. Use the "Search this Collection" box to find items.
- Shenandoah National Park Oral History Collection (James Madison University)
- The Shenandoah National Park Oral History Collection, SdArch SNP, (formerly SC# 4030), consists of 135 interviews of people who were living in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia prior to the creation of the Shenandoah National Park. Most of the interviewees resided on land that was claimed by eminent domain by the commonwealth of Virginia and subsequently turned over to the US government in the 1930s. Among the topics discussed in some interviews is moonshining.
- Special Collections Online (Virginia Tech)
- Digitized materials from collections at Virginia Tech Special Collections
- Vintage Cocktail Books-A Timeline
- Includes links to online/digitized versions of some key early cocktail texts.
- "What's Cookin' @Special Collections?!" (Virginia Tech)
- Our blog about the culinary history materials in Special Collections includes many posts on cocktail-related items.
Special Collections Culinary Links
From Knox Gelatine: Desserts, Salads, Candies and Frozen Dishes, c.1936
- History of Food & Drink Manuscript Collections
- Digitized Manuscript Collections
- Digitized Books
- What's Cookin' @Special Collections (blog)
- About the History of Food & Drink collecting area
- History of Food & Drink LibGuide
- Infant, Child, & Family Nutrition Resources LibGuide
- Cocktail History in America LibGuide
About Special Collections and University Archives
New Theatre (the Lyric) and Store Building for the Blacksburg Realty Company
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm & By Appointment