VTechWorks: Propose a New Collection
This is a user's guide to the Virginia Tech online repository, VTechWorks.
Explain why VTechWorks needs a new collection
Listed below are some issues to consider when requesting a new collection.
About the new collection
- How many items will the collection host?
- What types of items (e.g., PDF documents, videos, images)?
- What sizes are the items?
- Who owns the items or collection?
- Who is the main contact person(s) for this collection?
- Will there be additions to this collection, that is, will the collection grow?
- Will there be revisions to the items?
Collections added in 2017 (some)
- Advancing the Human Condition Symposium
- Beyond Boundaries
- Destination Areas
- Feiertag Hospitality Academy-to-Industry Research (Pamplin CoB)
- Information Systems for Biotechnology (CALS)
- New River Symposium
- Southern Industrial Educational Association (Libraries)
- Strategic Growth Areas
- Vaccine Research Group (CLAHS)
The collection within VTechWorks
- Where in the hierarchy does it logically fit?
- Do we have permission to post the items?
- Does the author want Creative Commons?
- Will the collection be restricted (e.g., VT-only or embargo, temporarily)?
- What metadata will we need to describe each item?
- Who will be submitting the items (e.g., VTechWorks staff, collection administrator, VT students/staff/faculty)?
- What will be the submission workflow (e.g., user-submitted, single or batch, approval step)?
- Will there be an administrative group or approval group for the collection?
- What is the time frame for submission and processing?