Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Explain why VTechWorks needs a new collection
Listed below are some issues to consider when requesting a new collection.
About the new collection
- How many items will the collection host?
- What types of items (e.g., PDF documents, videos, images)?
- What sizes are the items?
- Who owns the items or collection?
- Who is the main contact person(s) for this collection?
- Will there be additions to this collection, that is, will the collection grow?
- Will there be revisions to the items?
Collections added in 2017 (some)
The collection within VTechWorks
- Where in the hierarchy does it logically fit?
- Do we have permission to post the items?
- Does the author want Creative Commons?
- Will the collection be restricted (e.g., VT-only or embargo, temporarily)?
- What metadata will we need to describe each item?
- Who will be submitting the items (e.g., VTechWorks staff, collection administrator, VT students/staff/faculty)?
- What will be the submission workflow (e.g., user-submitted, single or batch, approval step)?
- Will there be an administrative group or approval group for the collection?
- What is the time frame for submission and processing?