Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff regardless of your location of study or research may request books and scans/photocopies of articles by submitting a request using ILLiad for any item:
- not owned by Virginia Tech (print or ebooks, articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
- owned by Virginia Tech but are unavailable for use (print books), such as checked out, missing, or damaged
- owned by Virginia Tech and available in print (articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
To request books or media use the book or media form; for journal articles, excerpts from conference proceedings, or book chapters, select the article form.
For extended users (distance students, faculty, and staff who study and work on the extended campus), ILL delivers library materials and scans/photocopies of articles owned by the University Libraries to you.
- Extended campus users are those outside of the immediate Blacksburg campus area (the counties of Giles, Montgomery, and Pulaski).
- You can view additional information about services on the library's Extended User page.