Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Virginia Tech students, faculty, and staff regardless of your location of study or research may request books and scans/photocopies of articles by submitting a request using ILLiad for any item:
- not owned by Virginia Tech (print or ebooks, articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
- owned by Virginia Tech but are unavailable for use (print books), such as checked out, missing, or damaged
- owned by Virginia Tech and available in print (articles from journals and conference proceedings, book chapters, standards, and technical papers)
To request books or media use the book or media form; for journal articles, excerpts from conference proceedings, or book chapters, select the article form.
For extended users (distance students, faculty, and staff who study and work on the extended campus), ILL delivers library materials and scans/photocopies of articles owned by the University Libraries to you.
- Extended campus users are those outside of the immediate Blacksburg campus area (the counties of Giles, Montgomery, and Pulaski).
- Requests for University Libraries' owned materials can be made in catalog. After making a selection, you will be prompted for your account information.
Requesting an Interlilbrary Loan material for On-Campus Users
Requesting an Interlilbrary Loan material for Extended Campus Users
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm
Interlibrary Loan / Newman Library
560 Drillfield Dr.
Blacksburg, VA 24061