Interlibrary Loan delivers loaned items and article photocopies/scans to you by different methods, depending on the item format and the options you choose when you register with ILLiad.
- Delivery Location - the location where you will pick up any print items that are held for you. You can check each location for its operating hours.
Loan Delivery Method selections
- Hold for Pickup: Print materials will be held for you at delivery location you choose.
- Mail to Campus Address: Available only for faculty members
- Items are sent via Campus Mail to department offices the next business day after Interlibrary Loan receives the materials.
- Media materials such as DVDs, videos, music, and microfilm must be picked up at the Newman Circulation Desk.
- Mail to Street Address: For addresses outside the New River Valley counties of Montgomery, Giles, and Pulaski, we ship your items by UPS to the address specifed in your ILLiad account.
- UPS cannot deliver to post office (P.O.) boxes. Please provide a street/physical address if you want materials shipped to you.
- We include a US Postal Service (USPS) prepaid return address label that you may use to return the loaned item to us by first class mail without cost to you.
- Please note that the prepaid labels are not for UPS or FedEx.
- Please allow for adequate time for mailing so that materials arrive at Interlibrary Loan before the due dates.
- Please see our instructions for Returning Borrowed Items before mailing items back to us.
- Please retain the ILLiad identification label on the borrowed item so we can correctly identify it upon return, in addition to any attached bookstrap. Items with missing bookstraps will be assessed a $5.00 fee to the patron's Library Account.
Article Delivery Method selections
- Electronic Delivery - The vast majority of requested articles are delivered electronically to your ILLiad account in PDF format.
- Articles, print or electronic, are yours to keep.
- You can access articles by logging on to ILLiad, and clicking the button labeled "Electronic Delivery" on the left menu bar.
- PDF files are stored on your ILLiad account for 30 days from its original delivery date, after which time it will be automatically deleted.
- If you choose to manually delete the file, it will be removed immediately from your ILLiad account.
- Should you delete a file by mistake, please contact Interlibrary Loan, and we can restore the deleted item to your account if the 30 day retention period has not expired.
- Hold for Pickup: Articles that can not be sent electronically due to lending or copyright restrictions will be held for one month at your chosen location.
- Mail to Address: Articles that can not be sent electronically due to lending or copyright restrictions will be mailed to your chosen address.
- For the most rapid service, Blacksburg campus users should enter your campus mail address and campus postal code on your ILLiad account.