You may request renewals of an Interlibrary Loan item on your ILLiad account.
Renewal policies are determined by the lending library.
Some libraries allow one renewal (generally for two weeks), while others provide a longer loan period with no renewals.
- Please make your request at least two days before the item's due date, which is listed on the ILL label.
- Within ILLiad, select Renew/Checked Out Items on the left menu bar to view items currently checked out to you.
- Select the item you want to renew.
- Select the Request Renewal button at the top of the page.
- If there is no Request Renewal button, the lending library does not allow renewals.
- Please email Interlibrary Loan regarding special circumstances.
- After renewing a request, you will see a confirmation message at the top of the request page.
- We will notify you via email if the lending library agrees to extend the loan period, or declines the renewal request.
For Extended Users, materials requested from the University Libraries' collections are checked out to your Library account where you can request renewals.