Special Loan Restrictions
Lending libraries sometimes place special restrictions on the use of loaned items.
- Library Use Only: The lending library will NOT allow the item to be taken from Newman Library.
- The item will be checked out to you, but it must stay in Newman Library.
- When returning the item, please notify the Circulation Desk whether you are finished with the item and it can be returned, or whether you want to hold it for further use until the due date.
- When this restriction is imposed by the lending library, we will not be able to mail the item to you if you are an Extended User.
- No Renewals: The lending library will NOT allow renewals past the initial due date.
- No Photocopying: The lending library will NOT allow the item to be photocopied due to copyright restrictions or possible damage to the item during photocopying.
- Please honor this restriction so Virginia Tech may retain our borrowing privileges with the lending institution.
- Photocopy Limits: As a general rule for articles or chapters over 50 pages, a lending library may decide to send the entire item instead of a scanned PDF file.