Food & Drink History Resources @Virginia Tech (and Beyond): Physical Collections
Many other academic and research institutions include cookery and food/food culture history resource. Not all collections are available online, but if you're not in Blacksburg, there may be a collection near you.
Special Collections Culinary Links
From Knox Gelatine: Desserts, Salads, Candies and Frozen Dishes, c.1936
- History of Food & Drink Manuscript Collections
- Digitized Manuscript Collections
- Digitized Books
- What's Cookin' @Special Collections (blog)
- About the History of Food & Drink collecting area
- History of Food & Drink LibGuide
- Infant, Child, & Family Nutrition Resources LibGuide
- Cocktail History in America LibGuide
Physical Collections Relating to Culinary & Food History
Wondering what other colleges, universities, and other institutions collect culinary and food history materials? Below is an alphabetical list. Wherever possible, links go directly to pages about the specific collection. Otherwise, links go to the home page for the library/special collections/archives. Some collections are general, others are focused on a region, type of food, or private collection.