Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About Special Collections and University Archives
Books & Journals
- ALCA-lines: Newsletter of the Assembly on the Literature and Culture of Appalachia, v.4, no. 1. Call Number: PS 537 A42 Spec Large
- Encyclopedia of Appalachia, 2006. Call Number: F 106 E53 2006 Spec Large
- Kirk, Stephen. Scribblers: Stalking the Authors of Appalachia, c2004. Call Number: PS 266 N8 K57 2004 Spec Small
- Satterwhite, Emily. Dear Appalachia: Readers, Identity, and Popular Fiction Since 1878, c.2011. Call Number: PS 286 A6 S28 2011 Spec Large
- Vande Brake, Katherine. How They Shine: Melungeon Characters in the Fiction of Appalachia, 2001. Call Number: PS 286 A6 V36 2001 Spec Large
- Lucy Dickinson Urquhart Papers, 1865-1973 (Ms1987-046). Finding aid available online.
- Lucy Herndon Crockett Papers, 1940-2015, n.d. (Ms2011-032). Finding aid available online.
- Marvin H. Neel Papers, 1933-1988 (Ms2016-022). Finding aid available online.
- Mary Sinton Leitch Correspondence with J. J. Lankes, 1932-1950 (Ms2017-001). Finding aid available online.
- Sherwood Anderson Collection, 1912-1938 (Ms1973-002). Finding aid available online.
- Sherwood Anderson Correspondence with Llewellyn Jones, 1916-1924, n.d. (Ms2015-044). Finding aid available online. Digitized collection available online.
- Sherwood Anderson Photograph and Postcard, 1929, 1939 (Ms2011-004). Finding aid available online.
- Welford D. Taylor Collection on Sherwood Anderson, 1918-2006, n.d. (Ms2015-020). Finding aid available online.
- Tell It on the Mountains: Appalachian Women Writers, 1995 [sound recording]. Call Number: Cassette 536. Please note: Special Collections does have equipment to listen to this audio recording.