Vet Med Library Information: Wellness Room
The Wellness Room is to be used as a quiet space for meditation, prayer, yoga, virtual therapy/medical appointments,
or other needs that require privacy. The purpose of this space is to support your emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual wellness!
How to book the space:
- Once you've clicked on the "Book the Wellness Room here" select the date (use the calendar option or arrows if booking other than today)
- Select the time by clicking on the first part of the quarter of the hour you want (e.g. if selecting 1pm, select the first block under 1, if selecting 1:15pm, select the second block in the 1-2 time frame)
- As you select a time, the boxes become orange. They will not turn red until you submit your request.
- The default is set to 30 min, but you can adjust to 15 min, 45 min, or up to 60 min either by clicking on the time blocks or using the drop down option that appears under the calendar as soon as you click on a time slot.
- Once you submit times, you will be asked to provide your name and email address.
- You will receive an automatic email notification within 5 minutes of submitting your request that the room is booked to you for the date and times selected.
- Sender is "Library Events"
- Subject is "Veterinary Medicine Library Booking Confirmation"
- If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder or contact the Vet Med Library front desk (540-231-6610) or email VetMedLibfirstname.lastname@example.org to determine if the reservation went through.
If you need to cancel a reservation:
If you book a time and are not able to use it, please be sure to cancel your request so the time is made available to others who may wish to use the space. There are three ways you can cancel your hold on the meditation space:
- Use the link in the confirmation email to cancel your request (if you selected multiple times, you will be able to select all or which of those times you wish to cancel)
- Email us at VetMedLibemail@example.com
- Call our front desk (540-231-6610)
Note: this room is not a study space!
- The room is available all hours the Vet Med Library is open.
- The shortest amount of time to book is 15 minutes.
- The longest time the room can be continuously booked is 60 minutes.
- Bookings are limited to a total of 90 minutes per day per person.
- You can book the room for multiple times in a day in your request as long as you do not exceed a 60 minute time slot or more than 90 minutes a day.
- A warning will appear above "submit times" if you have requested more than the allotted amount of time regarding these policies.
- If the room is not already booked, it is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please notify the front desk that you are using the space if you did not already book it and be sure to turn the sign to state the room is occupied.
- Once a digital panel arrives you will be able to reserve the room immediately from that panel.
- Need the room for an event or purpose that is longer than the time provided for self-booking? Contact Kiri DeBose at least one week in advance of the event to discuss if/how the library can accommodate your request.
From the control panel on the wall to your right as you enter the space you have the ability to:
- Adjust the lights
- Work = brightest
- Think = dimmed
- Present = darkest
- Turn the fan on/off to control air circulation
- Set the roof to be open, semi-open, or fully closed
Available equipment in the room
- Yoga mat (1)
- Yoga strap (1)
- Support blocks (2)
- Blanket (1)
- Resistance bands with examples of exercises (multiple)
- Table & chair are provided in the room for virtual appointments.
- You can move them to the nook located just outside the room's entrance if you need more space for other wellness activities (e.g. yoga, meditation, prayer, physical therapy exercises, etc.).
- Please put the table and chair back in the room when you are finished.
If you have any suggestions, comments, or feedback about our wellness space, or if there is something you would like us to consider adding to this space, please let us know at the front desk, by phone (540-231-6610), or email (VetMedLibfirstname.lastname@example.org).